The World Urban Forum Dialogue is a global forum for people with a passion for changing cities and urban living for the better. As there will be a diverse audience participating in these forums, we ask that you are open to different views and beliefs. When participating on this forum, we expect you to engage each other in a respectful and constructive manner and any entries that we consider to be disrespectful and/or inappropriate will be removed from the forum.
Advertising or promotion
The World Urban Forum Dialogue is no place for commercial organizations to advertise and/or promote their products or services. Entries that do so will be removed by the World Urban Forum Dialogue moderators.
There are moderators at the forum who keep an eye on the issues mentioned above. However, we kindly request that you report content that you find to be offensive. You can do this by clicking the flag pictogram next to each post and comment. After reporting an item, the World Urban Forum Dialogue moderators will take appropriate action.
Please adhere to the following World Urban Forum Dialogue house rules:
- no offensive language or purposefully offending others
- no racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive or otherwise objectionable entries
- no unfounded or unproved allegations against a person, organization or group of people
- no repetitively or continuously repeat entries
- no links to 3rd Party websites which may contain viruses, offensive or illegal material
- not breaking the law, or encouraging/supporting breaking the law. (This includes libel, contempt of court and breach of copyright.)
- no advertising of goods or services
- no entries containing personal details (s.a. phone numbers, address or bank details)
- no pretending to be anyone else but you
Breaking these house rules means you will receive a warning and risk being banned for contributing to the World Urban Forum Dialogue in the future.
If you have doubts about posting something or questions about the forum rules, please use the General Discussion dialogue and ask before you post.
- By participating on this forum, you assign UN-HABITAT all rights, title and interest to or in your entries.
- If you are using the World Urban Forum Dialogues platform on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are nevertheless individually bound by the Guidelines.
- By providing information to the World Urban Dialogues, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights.
- Concerning the sign-in credentials, you agree to: keep your password secure and confidential; not permit others to use your account; refrain from using other members’ accounts; refrain from charging anyone for access to any portion of World Urban Forum Dialogues or any information therein; be responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own.
- Concerning privacy: you are kindly requested to check your privacy and mail settings after you register to the World Urban Forum Dialogues to ensure that they are in line with your preferences.